Labels

Monday 27 June 2011

'In The Sun' Lip Sync Task

For our class lip sync task I was put into a group with Charlotte and Jade, here is our the final product of our video.

What went well
I thoroughly enjoyed this lip sync task as it is probably the most creative task that we've done. I think what went well for me in my group was that all of us learnt the lyrics in our own time, which of course was helpful for when it came to filming, although some of us did slip up here and there. However, when the final outcome of our video was finished we all managed to be in sync for the whole three minutes of the song. As this was only a preparation before we filmed our real music video, me and my group decided to have a laugh with our filming as you can see that some of our shots are very silly. This made it more enjoyable as it felt more relaxed going off into our groups and doing what we wanted. This independence allowed each member of our group to step up, and learn from eachother what other members of our group might not have known. I think that our editing was also successful, even though at some points it was extremely stressful trying to match the music with our filming. I think that me and my group also used a variation of shots, which made the video more interesting from different angles. From this we learnt that this would keep our audience more entertained, because we wanted to avoid viewer fatigue. Overall, I think that this task really helped with my confidence when performing in front of the camera, as usually I become shy or embaressed. However I feel that when it comes to filming the real deal I will no longer have this problem.

Even Better If
Overall I do think that my lip sync task was very successful, however there were a few area's that I think we could have improved on. We didn't use a variation of lighting, which can sometimes ruin the framing of the shots as the colours seem repetitive and bland. Towards the end of our video there is a tracking shot of a man mowing the grass, which is extremely unsteady. When filming our real video we must assure that when appropiate all of our shots must be steady, as otherwise it can look quite unproffessional and of a cheap quality. We should have used a variation of costumes, to keep the audience entertained and bring a new dimension to our video, as we did use different locations during filming. Lastly we should have made a storyboard or a plan of our shots and locations, as therefore we could have been more organised and used our time  more effeciently.



No comments:

Post a Comment